External Grant Proposal Process
- Contact the Office of Academic Grants & Foundation Relations (AGFR) to discuss your idea and potential funders.
- Once an idea and potential funder have been identified, complete the Preliminary Inquiry Form on GrantPro.
- When you submit the form electronically, it will be routed to your department chair for notification/approval. You will be notified via e-mail when the form has been approved by the chair and forwarded to AGFR.
- The form will then be routed to the appropriate Vice President(s), and you will be notified by e-mail when it's been approved.
- Submit the proposal to AGFR for review and/or submission.
- Some funding agencies (mostly Federal) will require you to submit the final proposal with AGFR signoff. All others should be submitted by AGFR.