Proposal Selection Guidelines
Selection criteria for proposals submitted to the Faculty Development Committee are listed in order of importance:
- Overall quality and intellectual merit of proposal.
- Feasibility. Will the candidate be able to accomplish stated goals within the proposed time frame?
- Benefits to faculty member's scholarship and/or to student learning.
- Record of accomplishments, if applicable. Has the candidate accomplished what has been proposed in the past?
- Record of previous support from FDC. In an effort to promote broad distribution of funds, applicants who have received less support are given higher priority.
- Balanced distribution of funds among humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- Efforts to obtain alternative means of support.
- Sabbatical Leave Proposals
- Student Summer Scholar Program
- Accessing Internal Grant Funds