Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/HD)
Students with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/HD) are required to submit comprehensive documentation that substantiates the ADD/HD. A qualified individual must conduct the evaluation.
This documentation should include:
- Evidence of early impairment;
- Relevant testing information;
- An interpretive summary based on a comprehensive evaluation.
Documentation should include:
- Statement of Presenting Problem: History; Symptoms; Evidence of ongoing impulsive/hyperactive or inattentive behaviors that significantly impair functioning in two or more settings.
- Diagnostic Interview
- Alternative Diagnoses or Explanations Should Be Ruled Out
- Relevant Testing Information Must Be Provided
- Identification of DSM-IV Criteria
- Documentation Must Include a Specific Diagnosis
- An Interpretive Summary Must Be Provided
- Each Accommodation Recommended by the Evaluator Must Include a Rationale.