Students with medical or physical impairments and psychological disorders are required to present documentation from psychiatrists, physicians or other persons and agencies qualified to make a diagnosis of the disability.
Students with certain medical conditions, psychological disabilities and Traumatic Brain Injury will be asked to update their documentation annually in order to justify the need to continue their accommodations.
- A qualified professional must conduct the evaluation.
- Documentation must be current.
- Documentation to support the diagnosis must be comprehensive.Discussion of multiple diagnoses if applicable.
- Historical information, diagnostic interview and/or psychological assessment must be provided.
- Documentation must include a specific diagnosis based on the DSM-IV-TR or ICD-10.
- Alternative diagnoses or explanations should be ruled out.
- Rationale for requested accommodations must be provided.