Guidelines & Policy For Monterey Guest Rooms
The college overnight guest rooms are located on the 2nd floor of Monterey. These rooms are available to provide overnight accommodations for designated visitors who are here on college business.
The following rooms are available:
• Room #1 - double bed
• Room #2 - double bed
• Room #3 - twin beds
The sponsoring department will be billed at the rate of $25.00 per night per room. All arrangements for use of the guest rooms are to be made through the Colket Center Information Desk (extension 5125). To request a room or rooms, you must complete a form from our office or you can access it on the Roanoke College web page at: http://www.roanoke.edu/CampusLife/fachouseresform.htm. The on-campus sponsoring individual is responsible for picking up and returning the guest room key/front door key, to the Colket Center.
Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. and check-in time is 2:00 p.m., in order to allow time for cleaning of the rooms. If guests need to store their luggage for a short while, they may use the closet in the TV room. A telephone extension (#5562) is located in the kitchen.
1. The guest and sponsoring department shall be held fully responsible for any damage either to the room, furniture or facility.
2. Roanoke College facilities are smoke-free environments. Guests are asked to assist Roanoke College in this attempt to maintain a healthier environment.
3. No unauthorized use of guest rooms is permitted. Requestors need to reserve a room in advance through the Information Desk of the Colket Center.
4. Use of the Monterey Guest Rooms are open to all Roanoke College faculty and staff depending upon availability and reason. Guest rooms are not normally used for personal use. A fee of $25.00 per room will be assessed per night and charged to the sponsoring department/office, when applicable.
5. Guest house keys are expected to be returned to the Colket Center before 4:30 p.m. on the day of departure or left in the key drop-off box located outside Room #1 upstairs. Lost keys will result in the sponsor being billed $25.00 for each key (a total of $50.00).
6. No parties or unacceptable behavior in the guest rooms is permitted. Only registered guests are permitted to stay in the rooms. All Roanoke College policies apply to guests.
7. Roanoke College is not responsible for any loss, injury, theft or damage that might occur.
8. No pets are allowed to accompany guests during their stay in Monterey.