Roanoke College Innovation Award
- Purpose: The Roanoke College Innovation Award recognizes innovation at Roanoke College. The aim of the award is to recognize and encourage thinking that sustains innovation as one of Roanoke's most remarkable traditions and assets. The award recognizes activities, programs, practices and events that lead to new thinking and behavior for the betterment of the College and its students.
- Eligibility: All employees are eligible. Nominations can be submitted for an individual, a group or a department.
- Any member of the College community, including Cabinet, exempt and non-exempt staff, faculty, and students may submit a nomination.
- The identity of the nominator will be kept confidential but the nominator’s name is required on the nomination form.
- All nominations must be submitted in writing using the on-line form, the paper form or the printable (PDF) online web form.
- The Cabinet will serve as the selection committee and may consult with appropriate members of the college community.
- One award will be given each year and will include a monetary award.
- Nominations must be received in the Human Resources office by November of the given year.
- Selection Criteria:
- Nominations received after the published deadline cannot be considered.
- Consideration is given to individuals or groups who actively participate and engage in achieving one or more of the following:
- Improve students’ learning environment, the college’s and/or department’s work environment.
- Improve collaboration and/or communication within and between departments
- Advance the college’s strategic goals.
- Advance the annual goals of the college and/or division.
- Save time and/or resources and eliminate wastefulness.
- Contribute to a climate of ongoing improvements and change.
- The award presentation shall be made at the annual Celebration of Achievement, Service and Innovation held in April.
- The recipient will receive a monetary award and a plaque with the name of the award, year of award, and name of the recipient. A second plaque listing recipients will be displayed prominently on campus and will be updated annually with the name of the recipients.
- Prior to the presentation, the name of the recipients may be kept confidential.
Innovation Award Nomination Form
Innovation Award Nomination Form (PDF)