November 1 - November 14, 2012
Our 2013 Benefits Open Enrollment period begins November 1st! It's time to review your current benefits and make changes for the upcoming calendar year. During Open Enrollment, employees can elect the same benefits, make changes to their benefits, waive coverage, and drop or add eligible dependents. The following benefits will be available:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
All benefit elections will become effective January 1, 2013 and remain in effect during the entire plan year unless the employee experiences a qualifying event such as marriage, birth/adoption of a child, or loss of other coverage. Please see the qualifying events summary for detailed information.
Benefit Enrollment Online
Our open enrollment process is taking place online again this year and all benefit-eligible employees will select their benefits through their MyRoanoke account. Once logged in, you can view your current benefit elections, level of coverage, the dependents you cover and the available benefit options for 2012. Here are the steps to begin:
- Go to www.roanoke.edu and log into your MyRoanoke account using your Roanoke College network user ID and password.
- Under the WebAdvisor section select "Employee Profile".
- Then select "Benefit Enrollment".
- At this point, you will see your current benefit elections and instructions on how to begin the enrollment process.
- All selections and changes must be submitted by November 14th.
Health Plan Information
Roanoke College will continue to offer three medical plan options all offered through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Employees may elect to participate in (Plan 1 PPO), (Plan 4 PPO), or (Plan 9 HMO). For the 2013 plan year, all medical benefits remain unchanged, with the exception of new coverage for preventive services and limited coverage for bariatric surgery.
Dental Plan Information
Roanoke College will continue to offer two dental plans through Ameritas Group and all dental benefits remain unchanged. Dental benefits for Low and High Option are summarized below.
Voluntary Vision Plan Information
The College will continue to offer the Voluntary Vision Plan through Davis Vision. Beginning in 2013, the contact lens fitting benefit has an additional feature.
New for 2013 - Contact Lens Fitting additional benefit
- $15 copay for standard contact lens fitting (not specialty contacts)
- This benefit applies to all standard contacts including contacts which are not part of the Davis Vision collection (see Davis Vision Plan Benefit Summary for further information)
- For specialty fittings, members will receive a $60 allowance and a 15% discount on any amount over $60.
To find a Davis Vision provider in your area:
Go to the Davis Vision website at www.davisvision.com/Members
- Under "Open Enrollment" at the bottom of the page, enter 2704 in the Client Code field and then click Submit to open the Roanoke College Welcome page.
Flexible Spending Information
Our flexible spending plan continues to be managed by LD&B Insurance Agency located in Harrisonburg, VA. One of the advantages of outsourcing this product is that employees now have use of a “Benny” card. This card acts much like a debit card tied directly to your flexible spending accounts. When presented at your doctor’s office and pharmacy, your medical charges are automatically deducted from your designated healthcare flexible spending balance. If you currently participate in flexible spending, you should retain your Benny Card for use in the new plan year.
Another feature of LD&B is that you will have immediate access to your account balances online through the LD&B website. Upon enrollment into the flexible spending plan, employees will be issued a PIN number that will allow access to submit claims and view balances. For more information regarding flexible spending accounts, please take time to view our Flex Benefits summary.
If you are a current Flexible Spending participant, you must re-enroll each year through Benefit Enrollment Online. This benefit does not automatically continue each year.
For questions regarding Open Enrollment or any of our benefit offerings, please contact Human Resources: 375-2288, 375-4920, or 375-2455 or visit our office on the first floor of College Hall.