Clearing Contact History In Outlook
When trying to email students, you may get a bounce back. To resolve this problem, please follow the instructions below:
PLEASE BE AWARE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL DELETE YOUR ENTIRE CONTACT HISTORY IN OUTLOOK. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN, DISREGARD THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
- Close Outlook
- Open MyComputer and Paste %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook into the address bar.
- Delete the file Outlook.nk2 file in this folder
However, if you do not wish to delete your entire contact history, but would still like to correct the email address, then delete the student out of your contact history as they appear when you type them in and hit the "Delete" key. Once you do this, you will need to type the student's name in again and click check names to get the correct contact.
If this still does not resolve your problems when emailing students, then follow the next steps listed below:
- Open Outlook
- Click on "File" at the top
- Click "Account Settings"
- Double click on your username in the main box under "Name"
- Uncheck "use Cached Exchange Mode"
- Click Next
- Click Ok
- Click Finish
- Click Close
- Restart Outlook