Information Technology takes the privacy and security of the Roanoke College community very seriously. Please consult our standards of operation below to find out more about the department's policies.
- Our Red Flag policy is aimed at preventing identity theft. Roanoke College employees are required by law to protect any and all accessible data so as to avoid identity fraud.
- Information Technology is required by federal law to comply with section 668.14 of the Higher Education Act of 2008. This section covers peer-to-peer file sharing and illegal downloads.
- The IT Department strictly adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.
- All Roanoke College staff members are obligated to sign a confidentiality agreement stating that they will exercise proper discretion when viewing data/information which could pose hazard to individual and institutional rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- When requested, certain directory information can be released without prior consent of the faculty/staff member. A full list of this information can be found on the Registrar's webpage.
- Those using Roanoke College computer equipment agree to the policies of use.
- Those purchasing any technology equipment, please refer to the technology equipment purchase policy