Services for Students
- Phone in and drop off computer support from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday - Friday (375-2225, Trexler Hall room 369). Submit a ticket online anytime at support.roanoke.edu (when prompted log in using your MyRoanoke username/password)
- Network e-mail and calendaring, storage, wiki's, blogs and more
- Help setting up e-mail on your computer - Windows or Mac
- MyRoanoke portal single sign on including Inquire, WebAdvisor, and your Maroon Card. Follow the provided link to your Microsoft 365 E-mail Web Access
- Inquire courses, organizations and clubs, online storage space, wikis and blogs, and portfolios
- Wired and wireless high speed networking and internet connections throughout academic buildings
- For legal downloading sources - EDUCAUSE
Physical and Virtual Computer Labs
- Computer labs with free printing for up to $50 per academic year
- Remote access to lab computers through the Roanoke College Remote Computing software
- Educational Technology Resource Center for video production and other services
No-Cost and Discounted Software and Hardware Available to Students
- No-cost downloads of Microsoft Office Professional for PC or Mac, Windows 7, SOPHOS (Endpoint Protection Sotware), and Mathematica
- Full instructions for the Office and Windows download are available here.
- Discounts and pre-configured computer systems
- Black & white and color printing, copying and scanning services in Fintel Library and the Print Shop. Black & white and color printing available in all Labs on campus
- Large format, banner, and mass printing available in the Print Shop
Phone & Cable TV Services
- Residence hall in-room cable TV and wireless network
- Direct network connection in residence hall rooms upon request.
- Request a VOIP phone for your room ($250 deposit required)
- Help setting up e-mail on your Apple iOS Device.
- Help setting up e-mail on your other mobile phone (Android, Blackberry or smartphone).