Resources and Planning Council (RPC) is a cross-estate committee reporting to the President, providing oversight for the college-wide planning process. The Council serves to facilitate intentional connections between budgeting and planning. The membership and charge of the Council is specified in section 22.214.171.124 in the Faculty Handbook.
The work of the Resources and Planning Council is guided by the Trustee-adopted vision, mission, and purpose statements, the College's institutional goals and strategic plan. The responsibilities of the Resources and Planning Council shall be to:
- Annually review the progress made on the College's strategic plan.
- Systematically use information from effectiveness processes including reports, surveys, outcomes assessments from academic programs, and other relevant sources.
- Assist the President in identifying and prioritizing major budget initiatives consistent with the strategic plan and institutional effectiveness information.
- Advise the President on resource and planning-related matters at the President's request.
- Initiate review of the College’s vision, mission, and purpose statements at least every five years.
- Propose to the President studies that it deems useful, and, upon approval, conduct those studies.
- To report to the faculty as needed, and to provide a written annual report to the President.