The academic major, general education, and honors programs are scheduled to participate in a formal review (PEP guidelines) as specified in the Faculty Handbook Section 3.4.1: Program Evaluation Process:
- All academic major, general education, and honors programs be formally evaluated at least once every six years through a program evaluation process.
- The system is to ensure programs are nationally competitive and regionally distinctive.
- The process is facilitated by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment.
- Using core data provided by the Director of Institutional Research as well as benchmark data from other institutions, the department chair, in consultation with program faculty, conducts a self-study preparing a report assessing program strengths and weaknesses.
- External evaluators visit the College to interview students, faculty, and administrators.
- When needed, faculty members for panels are recommended by FAC and appointed by the Dean.
- The chair works with program faculty and the Dean of the College to develop a five-year strategic plan.