International Student Exchange Program
ISEP, the world's largest student exchange program is a multilateral exchange between leading universities in Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americas. ISEP institutions include leading national universities like University of Amsterdam, University of Helsinki, and Korea University. ISEP is a full immersion program, meaning that students enroll at a foreign university and take classes alongside host nationals and other international students. Many ISEP universities provide instruction in English as well as other languages (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Dutch, Chinese, etc.)
What does ISEP Exchange offer?
- Variety -- There are more than 100 study sites worldwide, including non-traditional sites in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the South Pacific.
- Find sites by major, language of instruction, and country.
- Both semester and full-year exchanges are available, including dual placement (fall in one location and spring in another).
- Exchanges in almost any discipline, including technical fields.
- Study in English as well as in Spanish, Italian, Russian, German, etc.
ISEP Exchange is affordable
- ISEP Exchange programs include tuition, fees, room and board throughout the length of the exchange.
- Program costs are based on the usual costs of tuition, fees, room and board at Roanoke College and are paid directly to Roanoke College.
- Usually, all forms of financial aid and scholarships can be applied toward ISEP Exchange program costs.
Students who apply for an ISEP Exchange location with an approved ISEP Direct option may have the option of accepting this alternative form of placement if eligibility requirements of the host institution are met. However, ISEP Direct program costs do not include room and board. The cost of room and board for ISEP Direct programs must be paid by the student directly to ISEP, the host institution, or the private accommodation provider. Roanoke College will pay tuition charges only on behalf of the student for ISEP Direct programs.
Approved ISEP Direct sites include:
- Universidad de Palermo (Argentina)
- Universidad del Salvador (Argentina)
- Vesalius College (Belgium)
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso (Chile)
- Universidad Nacional (Costa Rica)
- University of the South Pacific (Fiji)
- Université Paul Valéry (France)
- Universita degli Studi di Urbino "Carlo Bo" (Italy)
- Universiteit van Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Universidad de Murcia (Spain)
- University of Sunderland (United Kingdom)
- University of Ulster (United Kingdom)
ISEP is open to full-time students in good standing. Applications for ISEP programs are due February 1st for fall semester participation and August 24 for spring semester participation. The program is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. The recommended GPA is 3.0, and a minimum GPA of 2.75 is accepted.
For more information please contact the Assistant Director of International Education, Mr. Scott Couchman at 540-375-2068.
The cost of an ISEP Exchange is Roanoke College tuition, room, 14 meal plan, and fees. The student receives equitable benefits from the host institution.
If a student is denied an ISEP Exchange placement at a location which also has an approved ISEP Direct optional placement, then the student will be billed by Roanoke College for tuition and fees only and will be responsible for payment of room and/or board either to ISEP or the host institution or the private accommodation service provider.