Faculty Library Grants
Purpose and Scope-
Library Grants support the purchase of books and non-print materials to increase library holdings for students' course-related research. Apply for either new or existing courses. Requests can include books, DVDs, and periodical back files. Do not request journals because they require a multi-year commitment of funds. Rely on Interlibrary Loan for non-repeating, specialized courses or independent studies. Librarians will review as a group the applications and make awards using the selection criteria below as a guideline.
Maximum grant amount: $2,000
- New courses
- Courses required to complete a major or program
- PEP recommendations
- Supporting documentation i.e. age and depth of available resources, specifying how materials will be assigned or used, potential use by other departments, and student comments from existing courses
- Usage statistics of materials previously funded by a grant (data generated by the library)
- Evidence of promoting materials previously funded by a grant
- How often a course is offered and the number of students affected
- Record of previous support. To promote broad distribution of funds, applicants who have received less support are given higher priority. Priority is given to newly hired faculty.
Persons Eligible: Full-time faculty
Application deadlines- July 1, October 1, and February 1