Faculty Library Grants
Purpose and Scope-
Library Grants support the purchase of books and non-print materials to increase library holdings for students' course-related research. Apply for either new or existing courses. Requests can include books, DVDs, and periodical back files. Do not request journal subscriptions or other resources that require a multi-year commitment of funds. Rely on Interlibrary Loan for non-repeating, specialized courses or independent studies. The library will review applications and make awards through the academic year using the selection criteria below as a guideline. Please limit grant requests to one per year.
Maximum grant amount: $1,500
· New courses
· Courses required to complete a major or program
· PEP recommendations
· Supporting documentation specifying how materials will be assigned or used, and potential use by other departments.
· How often a course is offered
· Record of previous support. To promote broad distribution of funds, priority is given to newly hired faculty and other new applicants to the grant process.
Persons Eligible: Full-time faculty
Application deadline- February 1
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
· Course title and number
· One paragraph proposal describing the need and intended use of the materials
· Title listing of requested materials along with the author, ISBN, and estimated price. Provide the publisher's name and the name of the distributor or production company for DVDs.