Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions will govern the use of the Maroon Card Account.
- The Maroon Card account is non-interest bearing.
- Only the person pictured on the Maroon Card is authorized to spend money from that account.
- Roanoke College reserves the right to change the account terms and conditions at any time. If a change restricts the account holders’ rights, the college will give at least twenty (20) days prior notice by email. However if an immediate change is necessary for security reasons, Roanoke College may first make the change and then notify the account holder.
- Roanoke College reserves the right to utilize all data for official college business.
- Use of the Maroon Card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions with the cardholder agreement.
- Roanoke College is not responsible for any loss or expenses resulting from loss, theft, or misuse of this card. All lost or stolen cards should be disabled immediately by the cardholder online.
- Web deposits may be done online by going to www.roanoke.edu/marooncard.
- Financial Aid transfer deposits may be done by submitting the Financial Aid Preference form to the Business Office for Student Accounts.
- Cash, credit/debit card and personal check deposits will be accepted during normal business hours at the Business Office for Student Accounts. Checks for Maroon Card should be separate from tuition payments.
- Cash withdrawals from the Maroon Card Account are not permitted.
- Refunds will be issued after the account holder graduates, withdraws or is dismissed from the college, and/or terminates employment.
- Refunds will be processed for the account balance after charging a closing fee of $20.00. Cardholders are encouraged to spend the remaining account balance to avoid the closing fee.
- Refund checks are written in the name of the account holder and mailed to the current address on file in the office of Student Accounts for students or Human Resources/Payroll for faculty and staff.
- Books and merchandise returned to the Bookstore will be refunded according to the existing Bookstore policy.
Summary of Fees
- No charge for the initial issuance of Maroon Card
- There are no transaction fees for transactions or for deposits
- $25 card replacement fee for lost, stolen, or damaged card
- $25 returned check fee if any checks for deposit are returned by the bank
- $20 account closing fee (users are encouraged to use balance on card completely)