Roanoke College designates the following categories of student information as public or "Directory Information." The College may disclose such information at its discretion.
- Current Enrollment Status
- Local Address
- Home Address
- Local Telephone Number
- Home Telephone Number
- Campus E-mail address
- Date and Place of Birth
- Dates of Attendance
- Grade Level (classification)
- Previous Institutions Attended
- Major Field(s) of study
- Minor Field(s) of study
- Concentration(s) of study
- Degrees, awards and honors
- Photographic or videotaped image
- Participation in officially recognized sports and activities, including fraternities and sororities
- Physical factors of athletes (height and weight )
Requests for non-disclosure may be made by currently enrolled students. To withhold disclosure, written notification must be made to the Roanoke College Registrar's Office. Requests are in effect from the date received in writing from the student until rescinded in writing by the student.
Note: This policy does not include the release of any information regarding a student's grade point average or academic standing. Release of information of this type is only allowed with the written consent of the student by fax or letter.
The above policy is in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and has been reviewed by a representative of the Family Policy Compliance Office of the U.S. Department of Education. Questions regarding this policy may be directed to the Registrar's Office.