Your safety and that of others on campus is a matter of utmost importance to everyone in the Roanoke College community. We urge all students, faculty and staff to play an active role in maintaining the security of our campus. Take a moment to review the guidelines, warning signs, resources and other information you can be aware of to help do your part.
Via the Anonymous Silent Witness Form
- Vehicle, Foot and Bicycle Patrol
- Vehicle Jumpstarts
- Room & Car Unlocks
- Building Security
- Conduct Code Violations
- Emergency Services
- Fire Safety
- Parking Enforcement
- Special Event Security
- Suspicious Person/Vehicle
Be Aware of Warning Signs
- Keep college officials, Campus Safety and residence life staff aware of any personal or relationship problem that has the potential to lead to violence.
- If there is someone in the college community that you know who is in emotional distress, please let a college staff person know so that counseling or other help can be obtained for the person.
- Any threats of violence or indications of volatile behavior, regardless of how insignificant it may appear, need to be reported.
- Weapons are not permitted on the Roanoke College campus. If you become aware of dangerous weapons or firearms on campus please report this information immediately to Campus Safety.
- Know how to get immediate help in an emergency. There are yellow emergency phones at all residence halls and in certain academic buildings. These phones permit calling on campus and also have a 911 button. Campus Safety Officers have radio communications with the Salem 911 dispatchers and are notified of 911 calls originating from campus.