Program Overview: The Salem Ambassadors Program is designed to foster leadership development, especially servant leadership, while also enhancing the College's town/gown relationship. The program provides student to student education regarding community expectations for off-campus conduct and increased sensitivity to residents' concerns.
Role of Salem Ambassadors:
- Plan and implement service projects in the neighborhoods most affected by off-campus housing. Examples of service projects include road clean-ups, leaf raking and snow removal.
- Create a newsletter for Off-Campus Residents each semester.
- Represent Salem Ambassadors at weekly IFC and Panhellenic meetings.
- Represent Roanoke College on the City of Salem Neighborhood Relations Task Force and attend all meetings.
- Attend weekly SA staff meetings.
- Maintain service directory of residents in need.
- Educate students through neighborhood visits, special programming, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Students.
Salem Ambassadors Roster:
Chris Barnett, Head Salem Ambassador, RC Senior (804) 432-0252
Christine Winder, RC Senior (804) 878-8178
Reece Kingery, RC Junior (540) 314-0344
Nicole Tramell, RC Sophomore (703) 927-7259
Scott Ward, RC Sophomore (443) 890-0382