Distressed and Disruptive Students
Students in Distress
This informational guide was developed by the Dean of Students Office to aid faculty and staff in assisting students who are experiencing difficulties at Roanoke College.
|Campus Safety||ext. 2310|
|Care Team||ext. 2592|
|Counseling Center||ext. 2302|
|Dean of Students Office||ext. 2592|
|Health Services||ext. 2286|
|Chaplain's Office||ext. 2300|
|Residence Life||ext. 2305|
|Registrar's Office||ext. 2213|
|Center for Learning & Teaching||ext. 2485|
|Enrollment/Student Success||ext. 5161|
If you are dealing with a student who displays questionable behavior:
- Be aware of the location of the nearest telephone, whether it is within the building or a personal cell phone.
- If you are concerned for your safety or that of others, call Campus Safety or 911 immediately.
- If the student is causing a disruption to the living-learning environment but does not pose an immediate threat:
- discuss the situation with the student to address the inappropriate behavior.
- ask the student to leave the room.
- refer the matter to Care Team using the using the RC Cares online form (www.roanoke.edu/rccares).
IF IN DOUBT, CALL CAMPUS SAFETY