Students in Distress
This informational guide was developed by the Dean of Students Office to aid faculty and staff in assisting students who are experiencing difficulties at Roanoke College.
|Campus Safety||ext. 2310|
|Care Team||ext. 2592|
|Counseling Center||ext. 2302|
|Dean of Students Office||ext. 2592|
|Health Services||ext. 2286|
|Chaplain's Office||ext. 2300|
|Residence Life||ext. 2308|
|Registrar's Office||ext. 2210|
|Center for Learning & Teaching||ext. 2247|
|Enrollment/Student Success||ext. 2446
If you are dealing with a student who displays questionable behavior:
- Be aware of the location of the nearest telephone, whether it is within the building or a personal cell phone.
- If you are concerned for your safety or that of others, call Campus Safety or 911 immediately.
- If the student is causing a disruption to the living-learning environment but does not pose an immediate threat:
- discuss the situation with the student to address the inappropriate behavior.
- ask the student to leave the room.
- refer the matter to Care Team using the using the RC Cares online form (www.roanoke.edu/rccares).
IF IN DOUBT, CALL CAMPUS SAFETY