Roanoke College prepares its 2,100 students for their futures through its commitment to providing a true classic college experience. With a focus on learning firsthand and through personal connections, students receive a strong liberal arts foundation that is applied in a unique way to modern and future issues.
Roanoke is one of just 280 colleges in the U.S. that qualifies for a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest and most prestigious honor society. The Princeton Review names Roanoke to their 2012 edition of "The Best 376 Colleges."
- Salem, Virginia (population 25,000)
- Eight miles from downtown Roanoke, Virginia (metro population 290,000)
- 10 miles from the Appalachian Trail
- 80 acre picturesque, historic and safe main campus
- 36 majors, 58 minors and concentrations, 8 professional programs
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1
- Approximately 2,100 students
- Out-of-state students come from about 40 states and 25 countries
- 70% of students live on campus
- Approximately 125 tenure-track faculty
- Over 95 percent hold the highest degrees in their field
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA); second oldest Lutheran-related college in the U.S.