Art & Museums in Roanoke
Roanoke's Center in the Square is the region's cultural center that houses and supports many museums and performance companies.
Taubman Museum of Art
The Taubman Museum of Art opened its new building in November 2008. The 81,000 square foot structure is the first purpose-built art museum ever constructed in the city and a significant step in the further development of the region as an arts destination of national and international stature. The museum was designed by Los Angeles architect Randall Stout, who worked under Frank Gehry.
Galleries & The Arts:
- Science Museum of Western Virginia and Hopkins Planetarium
- History Museum Western Virginia
- O. Winston Link Museum
- Virginia Museum of Transportation
- Harrison Museum of African-American Culture
- Salem Museum & Historical Society
- Booker T. Washington National Monument