To visit the greenhouse, reservations can be made by contacting Dr. DorothyBelle Poli at 540-375-2461. Please, contact Dr. Poli at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure that proper arrangements can be made. Tours will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
Out of respect for the greenhouse staff, please contact Dr. Poli no later than 48 hours before your scheduled tour to cancel a meeting.
Group Size Limits
Due to the nature of the RC Greenhouse design, we limit the number of tour groups to 15. If special arrangements need to be made, please contact Dr. Poli to discuss.
1. This building has been designated as a smoke-free environment.
2. There is to be no food or drink in the RC Greenhouse at any time, this draws pests that destroy our plants.
3. Please remember that this is a teaching and research facility. Both our students and faculty are hard at work; please remain quiet in the hallways at all times.
4. Do not touch plants unless instructed to do so by the tour guide. Certain plants can cause irritations when handled. Tour guides will not have you touch anything that is harmful to you.
5. Please, be aware that there is no seating available in the RC Greenhouse. Tours involve walking and standing for the duration. Visitors needing special assistance can be accommodated with prior arrangements.
6. Any horse-play, lack of control or respect will result in you being asked to leave the premises, and future tour arrangements for such groups will be made at the discretion of the management.