Dr. W. Gary Hollis - Professor of Chemistry
Professor of Chemistry
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
BS in Chemistry, 1983; PhD in Organic Chemistry, 1988
Professor of Chemistry, 2008-Present
Associate Professor of Chemistry, 2000-2008
Assistant Professor of Chemistry, 1995-2000
The College of William and Mary
Assistant Professor of Chemistry, 1988-1995
General Chemistry I & II (Class and Lab)
Organic Chemistry I & II (Class and Lab)
Advanced Organic Chemistry
Independent Study and Research
IL 177 - Science and Technology in Film
INQ 110 - Intellectual Inquiry (Forensic Science)
- INQ 250 - Scientific Reasoning I (Chemistry and Crime)
INQ 300 - Contemporary Issues (Powerful Medicine)
- The use of alkenylboronate esters as substrates in photochemical reactions.
- The use of trialkylboranes as alkylating agents.
- Synthesis of perfluoronated aromatics for use in metallocene and polymer chemistry.
- Diels-Alder polymerizations
221 College Lane
Salem, VA 24153-3794
“Because of my Proctor & Gamble experience, I can better convey to students what it’s like to conduct research in an industrial setting.”
Upcoming EPIC Events
03/13/15, 3:30 pm, Dr. Shields
04/10/15, 3:30 pm, A. Brewer
04/10/15, 6:00 pm, Research Showcase
See EPiC Calendar for more events.