Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to a field experience (EDUC 338, 370 or TESL 370) and requires:
- Praxis I Math
- one EDUC methods course (TESL 370 requires TESL 330 or 346)
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
Doris Ennis, who has held numerous positions with Roanoke City Schools in the past 50 years, received the Margaret Sue Copenhaver Contribution to Education Award.