Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to EDUC 338 and requires:
- one EDUC methods course
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
Dr. Gary L. Whitt, associate professor of education and faculty advisor in the Center for Learning and Teaching, and Mark D. Poore, director of instructional technology and an adjunct faculty member in computer science, recently helped the College to receive a grant from the Verizon Foundation through a program of the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges.