Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to EDUC 338 and requires:
- one EDUC methods course
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
- The Virginia Department of Education may require additional coursework to meet licensing requirements.
Paul Hanstedt was one of the campus leaders when RC revised its general education curriculum. He published "General Education Essentials: A Guide for College Faculty" earlier this year. As a Fulbright Scholar, he advised universities in Hong Kong.