Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to EDUC 338 and requires:
- one EDUC methods course
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
“Having this opportunity to plan and implement lessons for a year has been a real benefit,” says Musgrove. “I know that the kids have also benefited – how could you not from learning about another culture?”