Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to EDUC 338 and requires:
- one EDUC methods course
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
Dr. Leslie Murrill, associate professor of education at Roanoke College, was awarded the 2009 Virginia Association of Colleges of Education's Instructional Leadership Award at the annual Association of Teacher Educators in Virginia Annual Conference.