Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to a field experience (EDUC 338, 370 or TESL 370) and requires:
- Praxis I Math
- one EDUC methods course (TESL 370 requires TESL 330 or 346)
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
"After years of advocating for groups of people who do not always have a voice in public policy, I switched from being an entrepreneur to working with individuals."