Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to graduates of regionally-accredited institutions of higher learning. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to EDUC 338 and requires:
- one EDUC methods course
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major from graduating institution
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 242 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 311, 320, 330, 345, 350, or 351.
- The Virginia Department of Education may require additional coursework to meet licensing requirements.
From international trade consulting to Spanish cooking, Roanoke College alumni launch new careers after teaching English in Spain
Roanoke graduates teach English and learn Spanish culture through the North American Language and Culture Assistants Program. The program has inspired several Roanoke alumni to forge new career paths.