- Elementary Education (PreK-6)
- Visual Art Education (PreK-12)
- Music Education Vocal/Choral (PreK-12)
- Theatre Arts (PreK-12)
- Health and Physical Education (PreK-12)
- English (6-12)
- English as a Second Language (PreK-12)
- English and Speech Add-on (6-12)
- English and Journalism Add-on (6-12)
- Foreign Languages: French; German; Spanish (PreK-12)
- Mathematics (6-12)
- Algebra I Add-on (6-12)
- Computer Science (6-12)
- Science: Biology; Chemistry; Physics (6-12)
- History and Social Science (6-12)
For those who already have an undergraduate degree
In Virginia, licensure candidates must complete a major (any but Business Administration) as they complete the Teacher Licensure Program. Secondary education candidates must complete a liberal arts major in the subject appropriate to their licensure area.
An Education advisor, in addition to a major advisor, is required for all licensure students. Consultation with both the Education and major advisor is necessary since requirements for licensure often differ from major requirements. Secondary licensure programs often require additional courses to the major. Frequent advising sessions with both advisors will keep you on pace and on track.
Honors courses count in the same manner as General Education courses. For specific information, consult with your major advisor.
Each year, Roanoke College trains teachers from every region of the country how to employ the latest techniques in K-12 education