Roanoke's fine arts students work in numerous state-of-the-art facilities. The department's home in the F.W. Olin Hall for the Arts and Humanities offers galleries, performance spaces and studios.
Facilities available to students include:
- Olin Theater seats 400 and houses high-tech staging, lighting and sound systems.
- Olin Gallery and Smoyer Gallery exhibit annually the art of Roanoke students as well as visiting artists and traveling shows.
- Known as the black box theater, a smaller theater allows for more intimate student performances as well as rehearsals.
- Students find that Olin's practice rooms for music students are convenient and helpful for rehearsing.
- Photography labs allow students to explore a variety of darkroom techniques.
- Students have access to painting, ceramics, printmaking, sculpture, and drawing studios where they produce original artwork.
- Two computer labs housing 17 Macintosh computers are great assets to students studying music and graphic design.
- Olin's recital and rehearsal halls allow even more opportunities for students to prepare for performances.
- The Fine Arts Library houses specialized resources for students studying the arts.