Student Resources and FAQs
Upcoming HPAG Events
|What is Emergency Medicine?||November 14, 6:30 pm||Massengill Auditorium|
|Red Cross Blood Drive||November 22||TBA|
|Junior's Applying in May: Introduction||January 24, 3:00 pm||HPAG Office, Life Sci 402|
|Health Fair Event||February 5, 4:30 pm||Wortmann Ballroom|
Kaplan MCAT Prep Videos
The following is a link that will be of great service to Sophomores, Freshmen and future students. When preparing for the 2015 MCAT, please utilize these free videos. New videos will be added throughout 2014. Khan Academy Prep Videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which HPAG Advisor specializes in the which field?
- Medicine - Dr. Johann/Dr. Jorgensen
- Veternarian - Dr. Poli
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physican's Assistant - Dr. Rearick/Dr. Buriak
- Nursing - Dr. Morris
- Public Health - Dr. Morris/Dr. Allen
- Pharmacy - Dr. Sarisky
- Dentistry - Dr. Jorgensen
- Genetic Counseling - Dr. Allen
2. What classes do I need to have completed by the end of Junior Year?
- Biology 120, 125
- Chemistry 111, 112, 221, 222
- Physics 103, 104
- Biochemistry 341
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 101
3. How does Health Professions Advisory Group help?
HPAG can help with the application process by advising which classes should be taken, reviewing your personal statement, conducting mock interviews, and writing letters of recommendation.
4. What classes are recommended for Pre Medical Students?
Please click on: HPAG Pre Medicine Recommdations
5. How do I get an interview?
6. How do I get shadowing experience?
7. What should I major in?
8. I am interested in going to pharmacy school, is there any useful information for me?
Please click on: Pre Pharmacy Information
9. When should I take the MCAT?
Take the MCAT at the end of your junior year