Student Resources and FAQs
Upcoming HPAG Events
|Juniors Applying in May (JAM): Intro||January 24, 3:00 pm||Life Science 402|
|Health Fair Event||February 5: 4:30 - 7:00 pm||Wortmann Ballroom|
|Free Kaplan Practice Exams||February 15, 9:00 am||West Hall|
|JAM: Personal Statements||February 21, 3:00 pm||Life Science 402|
|JAM: Interviews||March 21: 3:00 pm||Life Science 402|
Kaplan MCAT Prep Videos
The following is a link that will be of great service to Sophomores, Freshmen and future students. When preparing for the 2015 MCAT, please utilize these free videos. New videos will be added throughout 2014. Khan Academy Prep Videos.
Alpha Epsilon Delta
Alpha Epsilon Delta has a comprehensive collection of links that will be of interest to anyone planning a health professions career.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does Health Professions Advisory Group help?
HPAG can help with the application process by advising which classes should be taken, reviewing your personal statement, conducting mock interviews, and writing letters of recommendation.
2. Which HPAG Advisor specializes in the which field?
- Medicine - Dr. Johann/Dr. Jorgensen
- Veternarian - Dr. Poli
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physican's Assistant - Dr. Rearick/Dr. Buriak
- Nursing - Dr. Morris
- Public Health - Dr. Morris/Dr. Allen
- Pharmacy - Dr. Sarisky
- Dentistry - Dr. Jorgensen
- Genetic Counseling - Dr. Allen
3. What classes do I need to have completed by the end of Junior Year?
- Biology 120, 125
- Chemistry 111, 112, 221, 222
- Physics 103, 104
- Biochemistry 341
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 101
4. What should I major in?
5. How do I get an interview?
Contact the HPAG Secretary, Debbie Duncan. firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an interview
6. What classes are recommended for Pre Medical Students?
Please click on: HPAG Pre Medicine Recommdations
7. How do I get shadowing experience?
8. I am interested in going to pharmacy school, is there any useful information for me?
Please click on: Pre Pharmacy Information
9. When should I take the MCAT?
Take the MCAT at the end of your junior year