Roanoke College offers a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Art degree in Physics as well as a minor in Physics.
Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Science degree, with a major in physics, requires the student to complete a minimum of 13 course units in Physics and related fields. These must include:
- Physics 201, 202, 203, 315, 350, 370, 390, 432, 480.
- Mathematics 331.
- and three additional units chosen from the following with two of these three units at the 400 level: any 400 level physics course; PHYS 205; MATH 402; MATH 482; CPSC 120; CPSC 170; CHEM 110 or 111,112; BIOL 120; BIOL 210. Note: MATH 121 and MATH 122 are prerequisites for PHYS 201 and PHYS 202, respectively.
Bachelor of Arts
A Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in physics requires the student to complete a minimum of 9 course units in physics and related fields. These units include:
- 6 units of Physics, including 201, 202, 203, 315, 370, 480.
- 1 unit of Biology (BIOL 120 or above)
- Chemistry 110 or 111, 112
Note: MATH 121 and MATH 122 are prerequisites for PHYS 201 and PHYS 202, respectively.
Minor in Physics
The minor in Physics requires the student to complete 6 units of Physics and Mathematics including: PHYS 201, 202, 203, 315; MATH 122, plus one additional one unit PHYS course at the 300-level or above. Note: MATH 121 is a prerequisite for PHYS 201.
Say goodbye to ordinary introductory courses in the core curriculum.
Get a closer look at the exceptional facilities available to students at Roanoke College.