May Term - Intensive Learning for Foreign Language Majors
The College provides a wide array of Intensive Learning opportunities, including travel courses as well as on-campus courses. The majority of these courses are offered in May, during a three-week term, although some travel courses may run a little over or a little under the three-week period.
Examples of Past Intensive Learning Courses:
- Parisian Images and Icons
- Cultural Continuity & Transformation in Contemporary Spain
- The Spanish Language, Past & Present
- The Legacy of Contemporary Argentinean Female Writers
- The American Tourist in Rome: Past and Present
- The Post-Classic Maya
- Nantes as Cultural and Historical Center of the Loire Valley
- Sustainability in Germany
Bell's book, "Maggie La Maleta," tells the story of Maggie, a Spanish-speaking red suitcase that travels around the world.