The Great Lucas Hall Cook Off: A Night of International Cuisine
"THE GREAT LUCAS HALL COOK- OFF"
REGISTRATION NOVEMBER 1st-14th
1. Teams may consist of 3-6 people. All members are expected to be actively involved
in the selection and preparation of the contest dish. All members must be present at the event on Saturday, December 6, 2014.
2. All team members must be enrolled in a foreign language class in the same language
(but are not required to be studying at the same level: e.g. A team could have students
from French 101, French 150, and French 301.) International students who speak the same
native language may also form a team; alternatively, they may join a team of students from a language class.
3. The dish chosen must be representative of a region in which the language studied is spoken.
4. No alcohol may be used to prepare your dish.
5. Presentation guidelines:
- have at least 18 or more small sampling portions (about 1/4 of a cup) available for judges (6 samples for judges) and the attendees (12 samples for attendees)
- display the name of the dish in the original language and in English
- give the region of your dish
- list all ingredients; names of students who prepared it
- give the source of the recipe (Cookbook, Your own recipe, Family Recipe…)
- be prepared to tell the judges about your dish: any cultural and/or historical information, cooking tips, etc.
- dish will be judged on: presentation and tastiness
bring your own SERVING utensils
- at least one member of your team must attend an Informational Meeting on 12-4-14 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Wortmann Ballroom)
your team must be ready to set up your station by 6:15 p.m. on 12-6-2014
Below are some great websites with International Recipes
This event will count as a co-curricular event.
Say goodbye to ordinary introductory courses in the core curriculum.
Get a closer look at the exceptional facilities available to students at Roanoke College.