Generally, students wishing to register for independent studies or internships or independent research must make their request known to a faculty member (the prospective on-campus supervisor) who, if agreeable to the request, will inform the department chair. All internships are graded on a pass-fail basis; students must complete a minimum of 120 hours in the internship in order to earn credit. Students may not earn more than two units of internship credit toward a degree. (College catalog statement.)

416 Internship
A supervised placement providing practical experience in an agency relating to Criminal Justice, International Relations, or Political Science. (1) Prerequisite: Departmental permission.