Steps to Take
This is a typical sequence of the steps in an internship. The actual sequence might vary, in consultation with the faculty supervisor.
1. Semester before internship begins
- Discuss plans with relevant Public Affairs faculty.
- Develop a written proposal in consultation with the prospective faculty supervisor.
2. One month before preregistration/registration
- Submit a written proposal to supervisor.
3. Weekly or as specified in the internship proposal
- Submit journal to supervisor.
4. Half-way through the internship semester
- Consult with faculty supervisor regarding the specific topic for final paper.
5. No later than Reading Day of the internship semester
- Submit paper for evaluation to faculty supervisor.