An internship is a great opportunity to get a taste of the real world and get some valuable on-the-job training. An internship can help you try on a career before jumping in head first. Your professors and the Career Services Office at Roanoke College can help place you in an internship.
- Networking opportunities for future jobs
- Enhance your resume
- Test your compatibility with a specific field or company
- Learn your strengths
- Experience with general work functions and organizational culture
- Learn more about your chosen field
- Improve communication skills
Religion 416, 417 Internship
A supervised placement in a local church, clinical setting, or social service agency, in which the student would be required to make a practical application of theological and ethical insights. (1, 1) Lecture: 3 hrs/wk.
The book, co-authored by Dr. Gerald McDermott, evaluates Christians' treatment and debates about other religions and proposes a direction for the future.