Present Your Research
On-Campus Presentation Opportunities
Twice a year, Roanoke College sponsors on-campus presentation opportunities for student researchers.
Apply to present during Family Weekend (submissions are closed)
Apply to present at the 2013 Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, April 12, 2013, 6-9PM in Fintel Library). Abstracts due by March 29th.
Program for the 2013 Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, April 12, 2013)
Program for the 2012 Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, September 28, 2012)
Program for the 2012 RC Conference on Student Research & Creativity (March 30, 2012)
Program for the 2011 Student/Faculty Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, September 30, 2011)
Program for 2011 RC Conference on Student Research & Creativity (Saturday, March 19, 2011)
Off-Campus Presentation Opportunities
We provide financial support for students to present their research at regional, national, and international conferences. Students are eligible to apply for up to $500 from the Dean's Travel Fund to offset their travel costs.
Selected Past Presentations:
- Brendle Wolfe, Josephine Debrah, and Kaitlin Vardaro presented at the Peace and Justice Studies Association Conference in Winnipeg, Canada (faculty mentor: Dr. Mike Heller)
- Peter Booth, Jeremy Johnson, and Jon Perkins presented papers at the American Chemical Society in Anaheim, California (faculty mentors: Dr. Gary Hollis and Dr. Vern Miller)
- Julia Boudrye, Amy Roberts, Matt Tripp, Maggie Anderson, and Jennie Blaney presented papers at the Association for Psychological Science conference in Washington, DC (faculty mentors: Dr. Denise Adkins & Dr. Julie Lyon)
- Kate Kurtessis and Kelly Mortland presented papers at the Society for Applied Anthropology in Seattle (faculty mentor: Dr. Chad Morris)
- Tyler Rinko presented a paper at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research in Ithaca (faculty mentor: Dr. Alice Kassens)
- Anne Whitesell presented a paper at the Southern Political Science Association in New Orleans (faculty mentor: Dr. Heath Brown)
- Ashley Briggs, Sarah Cohen, Kenny Lampert, and Rachel Naylor presented papers at the Mid-Atlantic Society for Developmental Biology Regional Meeting (faculty mentor: Dr. Chris Lassiter)
Say goodbye to ordinary introductory courses in the core curriculum.
Get a closer look at the exceptional facilities available to students at Roanoke College.