At Roanoke, Experiential Learning opportunities place students in authentic, real-world contexts and prompt them to draw deliberate connections between knowledge and skills gained through classroom learning and that gained through these real-world experiences. Participation leads to academic skill development, personal and professional growth, and help students develop a passion for possible career paths. Find your Passion. Find your Path.
Upcoming Showcasing Events
- Internships and Service-Learning: Thursday, April 10th from 6-8pm in Fintel Library
- Research and Artistic/Creative Works: Friday, April 11th from 6-8pm in Fintel Library
Opportunities at Roanoke
Summer research gives four Roanoke students a window into Chinese culture as it relates to religion, medicine and the nation's identity. They will present their findings at a national conference in March.
- Manage a stock portfolio.
- Direct a choir.
- Witness heart surgery.
- Make nanotubes.
- Build a house.
- Go to Africa or Guatemala or wherever.
- Edit a national literary magazine.
- Argue a case in front of real judge.
Brittany Harrison '11 performs a summer scholars research project with a professor on mountain music culture. Watch Video.