On-Campus Presentation Opportunities
Apply to present at the Showcase of Experiential Learning: Friday, September 26th, 2014 (webform) 6-8pm in Fintel Library. Deadline to Register is September 19th.
Program for the 2013 Showcase of Experiential Learning (Friday, September 27, 2013).
Program for the 2013 Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, April 12, 2013)
Program for the 2012 Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, September 28, 2012)
Program for the 2012 RC Conference on Student Research & Creativity (March 30, 2012)
Program for the 2011 Student/Faculty Showcase of Research & Creativity (Friday, September 30, 2011)
Program for 2011 RC Conference on Student Research & Creativity (Saturday, March 19, 2011)
Off-Campus Presentation Opportunities
Dean's Travel Fund
We provide financial support for students to present their research at regional, national, and international conferences. Students are eligible to apply for up to $500 from the Dean's Travel Fund to offset their travel costs. To apply, complete this travel form (.doc) and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before submitting an abstract to a conference
1. Identify conference and check deadlines - check research calendar for a list of upcoming conferences
After submitting an abstract to a conference but before you are accepted
2. Submit a "Budget Request Form" to email@example.com.
Note: Wait for approval before spending any money on the conference
3. Find additional funding from other sources (e.g., department chair, concentration coordinator, faculty supervisor, mom and dad)
4. Receive email approval from the Director of Student-Faculty Research.
After being accepted to the conference but before going
6. Register for the conference (print receipt)
7. Reserve a room (print confirmation)
8. Make travel plans (if flying, book flight and print receipt)
9. Submit "Check Request Form" with attached receipts to the Director of Student-Faculty Research
10. Pack for the trip (don't forget your poster!)
During your trip
11. Keep all itemized receipts and store in the student travel packet.
Note: An itemized receipt includes everything you purchased. For example, at a restaurant, the itemized receipt includes all of the food and drinks you purchased. Keep any credit card signature slips and write down tips that you paid.
12. Ask for a printout of your hotel bill upon checkout.
13. Have someone take a picture of you presenting.
After you return
14. Complete the "Travel - Expense Report" form
15. Return the student travel packet (with expense report and all receipts) to the Director of Student-Faculty Research
16. Respond to interview requests from the RC Research blogger who will write a blog post about your trip for rcresearch.org. You will provide a picture to the blogger.
The Fine Print: ·
- $500 per student per year is the maximum funding available from Dr. Lyon. Search for additional funding from other sources to cover the rest of the cost of your trip.
- We use a reimbursement system. This means that you must spend the money first and then be reimbursed.
- If you do not have a credit card or do not want to use yours, your faculty advisor can pay and be reimbursed for your expenditures.
- You may borrow a Roanoke College credit card from the Business Office (see Donna Thomas on the second floor to check one out). However, you may not spend above the approved amount.
- Unfortunately, we cannot give you a travel advance.
- Please direct all questions about this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org.