Direct Lending at Roanoke College
Roanoke College participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Lending program. Under this program, students and their parents borrow directly from the federal government. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education, funded by the U.S. Treasury.
Offerings and benefits of participation in the Direct Lending program include:
- Student do not select a lending institution
- The program eliminates the complexity of using multiple-lender systems
- Federal Direct loans will never be sold
- Borrowers can consolidate FFELP loans with their Direct Loans at repayment
- Students will have greater loan forgiveness programs from which to participate
In order to borrow through the Direct Stafford Loan Program, students still must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Please click on the links provided below to review the steps you must take to secure your Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized) and/or your Federal Direct PLUS loans.
What do I need to do to secure a loan?
Other Useful Links:
Frequently Asked Questions about the Direct Loan Program
Additional information about the Direct Loan program
Direct Loan Borrower Services
Account information, Loan Consolidation, 1098-E Tax Information, Online Payments