To complete your online Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, follow these steps:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click on the green “Sign In” button located on the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- Supply your (student’s) social security number, the first 2 characters of your last name, your birth-date and your federally issued PIN (same number you used to complete the FAFSA). Once you have typed in this information, click on the “Sign In” button.
- Don’t have a PIN? Don’t remember your PIN? Click on the link to the PIN site right below the “Sign In” button. You will have to supply your identifying information to have a PIN generated for you.
- Confirm that your personal information is up to date and select your preference for future correspondence on the right-hand side of the screen. If you supply your e-mail address, copies of the documents you submit will electronically be sent to you for your records. We HIGHLY recommend that you complete this section.
- Click on the “Complete Entrance Counseling” link on the left-hand side of the screen. Review the steps presented and click on the “Complete Entrance Counseling” link in the middle of the screen
- You should read the information presented to you thoroughly. Information about your rights and responsibilities in repaying this loan will be outlined. You will also be quizzed about the information presented through-out the counseling.
- Be prepared to provide the name, address and phone numbers for two individuals (one can be a parent) within the U.S. to list as your next of kin and as a reference.
- Once your entrance counseling is completed, you should click on the "You can submit a Master Promissory Note" link if you have yet to complete this document.
Admissions Dates & Deadlines