Through the Scholars Program, Roanoke College supports students of superior academic and leadership ability. More about the Scholars Program…
To be considered for these scholarships, you must complete the Scholars Program application and be a prospective college freshman seeking first-time fall enrollment. You must also be accepted to the College prior to the competition. Students with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in a rigorous academic curriculum should consider applying for the Scholars Program.
Instructions & Dates
- The 2012-2013 competition dates: November 12, November 16, February 11, February 15, February 18, February 22 and February 25.
- Applicants must be prospective college freshmen seeking full-time enrollment for the first-time in the fall semester.
- Students must submit the admissions application and be accepted to the College prior to the competition. Official high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores must be submitted by the deadlines outlined below.
- Admissions and Scholars Program Application Deadline: October 15 for the November competitions and January 9 for the February competitions.
- Semifinalists will be notified the week of October 22 for the November competitions and January 21 for the February competitions.
- In order to be considered for the Beard, Bittle, Baughman, Dreher and Morehead Scholarships, semifinalists are required, with no exception, to participate on campus in one of the scheduled competitions.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of December 17 for the November competitions and March 18 for the February competitions.
Additional need-based financial aid may be available. You may contact the Admissions or Financial Aid Office for further information.