1. The term "student" includes all persons taking courses at the College, either full-time or part-time. Persons who withdraw after allegedly violating the Student Conduct Code, who are not officially enrolled for a particular term, but who have a continuing relationship with the College, or who have been notified of their acceptance for admission, are considered "students" as are persons who are living in College residence halls, although not enrolled at this institution.
2. The term "College official" includes any person employed by the College including faculty and administrative members including paraprofessional staff and student employees acting in the performance of their duties.
3. The term "member of the College community" includes any person who is a student or any other person employed by the College. A person's status in a particular situation shall be determined by the Vice-President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students or his designee.
4. The term "College premises" includes all land, buildings, facilities, and other property in the possession of or owned, used, or controlled by the College (including adjacent streets and sidewalks).
5. The term "organization" means any number of persons who have complied with the formal requirements for College recognition.
6. The term "Student Conduct Council" means any person or persons authorized by the Vice- President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students or his designee to determine whether a student has violated the Student Conduct Code and to recommend sanctions that may be imposed when a policy violation has been committed.
7. The term "Student Conduct Administrator" means a College official authorized on a case-by-case basis by the Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students or his designee to impose sanctions upon any student(s) found to have violated the Student Conduct Code. The Vice-President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students or his designee may authorize a Student Conduct Administrator to serve simultaneously as a Student Conduct Administrator and the sole member or one of the members of the Student Conduct Council. The Vice-President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students or his designee may authorize the same Student Conduct Administrator to impose sanctions in all cases.
8. The term "Appellate Board" means any person or persons authorized by the Vice-President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students or his designee to consider an appeal from a Student Conduct Council's determination as to whether a student has violated the Student Conduct Code.
9. The term "policy" means the written regulations of the College as found in, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code, Student Handbook, and College Catalog.
10. The term "complaint" means a report filed by any member of the College community and submitted to the Student Conduct Administrator alleging one or more violations of the Student Conduct Code.
11. The term "charge" means an alleged Student Conduct Code violation as determined by the Student Conduct Administrator after reviewing a complaint.
12. The term "Complainant" means any person who submits a complaint alleging that a student violated the Student Conduct Code. When a student believes that s/he has been a victim of another student's misconduct, the student who believes s/he has been a victim will have the same rights under this Student Conduct Code as are provided to the Complainant, even if another member of the College community submitted the charge(s).
13. The term "Accused Student" means any student accused of violating the Student Conduct Code.