Alumna's essay on science of falling in love published in New York Times, receives national attention
On Jan. 9, the New York Times published Mandy Len Catron's essay, "To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This," as part of its Modern Love column.
Roanoke's longtime Director of the Library died in Nov. 2014 after a brief battle with cancer. Umberger was remembered by friends, library co-workers and colleagues in a College memorial service on January 13.
RC Poll: McDonnell a good governor but should serve prison time; Opinions divided on Michael Brown, Eric Garner cases
Virginians agree with Ferguson, Mo., ruling but disagree with decision in New York City choking case.
Mountcastle did some of the earliest work on how the brain responds to sensory information.
Joel Gill ’01 visits Roanoke Feb. 9 to share his experiences writing and gathering historical information for his book, “Strange Fruit: Uncelebrated Narratives from Black History.” His talk is titled “28 Days are not Enough.”
Virginians support ethics reforms; split on Medicaid expansion; Favor protecting gun ownership but support background checks.
Burch landed his seventh world record for achieving the most first ascents in the history of the unclimbed Mongolian mountains. He also named one of the peaks in honor of his alma mater.
Mary Crockett Hill '91 co-authors "Dream Boy," a young-adult novel.
Bill Martin, Ronda Philips and Leigh Guidi received the annual Service to All Roanoke Award last month.
The Roanoke College men's lacrosse team was tabbed 18th in the 2015 USILA DIII Men's Lacrosse Coaches Preseason Poll, announced Monday.
SALEM � The packed Bast Center saw the Roanoke College men's basketball team put on a stellar performance against Bridgewater in the Maroons' 88-71 win over the Eagles.� Roanoke now has a record of 7-10, 2-6 in the ODAC, while Bridgewater is now 9-8-4-4 in ODAC play.
- Spanish Film Festival : The Return/ El Regreso (Costa Rica, 2012)January 28, 2015
- Disruption ScreeningJanuary 29, 2015
- Roanoke Regional Forum: What to do (and not to do) to Live a Long, Healthy, Happy LifeJanuary 30, 2015
- RCAD - Comedian Billy C. WirtzJanuary 30, 2015
- Fowler Program 2015 - Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison - "The President and Congress: Can They Work Together?"February 4, 2015
- Roanoke College Coffee Shop Talk: Father Knows Best? Arranged Marriage in Contemporary IndiaFebruary 5, 2015