Get back in touch with Roanoke College friends. Alumni directory update project begins.
Attention Roanoke College alumni - It's time to reconnect with your RC friends.
Roanoke has entered into a contract with Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) to manage a significant alumni data and directory update. The project begins this month, with the data-update process lasting through the winter. Alumni directories will ship to those who order them in the summer of 2013.
All alumni are encouraged to confirm or update their contact information when PCI begins its outreach. This is a great way for friends to stay connected with each other and with Roanoke.
Get answers to your questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions by Alumni:
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Roanoke College. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Roanoke College to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Roanoke College has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Roanoke College for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Roanoke College listed in the Directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Roanoke College any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Roanoke College or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Roanoke College project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for Roanoke College alumni is 1.866.561.4401.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI's customer service desk at 1.800.395.4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Roanoke College alumni Directory is available for sale only to Roanoke College alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in August of 2012, the directories will be distributed in August of 2013.
6. I ordered a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, but I haven't received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the voucher process by entering their ID number and order number (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the voucher process.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold voucher so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
- Basics of the voucher program:
- Book one flight through the voucher issuing travel agency and get a second companion ticket on that flight for free.
- The Voucher is:
- Two Tickets for One Low Price
- 200 Worldwide Destinations
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- 40 Plus Airline Carriers
- 24/7 Online Booking
- 7-Day Advance Purchase
- Frequent Flier Miles for Both Passengers
- Guaranteed Low Price Guarantee
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to the Alumni Office.
- Basics of the voucher program:
- Public Relations
- (540) 375-2282