The one patient who remains hospitalized after the carbon monoxide incident at Roanoke College is in stable condition at Lewis-Gale Medical Center. Hospital spokesperson Carol Chappell said the patient is much improved and has been moved to a patient care unit.
The college has installed carbon monoxide alarms in several campus residence halls and plans to install more in the coming days. This temporary safety measure is being put into place while the college explores more permanent options available to work with the current fire alarm system.
Meanwhile, Upward Bound students return to campus this evening as previously scheduled. The teenagers will be housed in Bartlett Hall and Catawba Hall. Staff from Upward Bound and Roanoke College will meet with parents and students when they arrive to address any questions or concerns they may have. A counselor from the college’s Counseling Center will meet with Upward Bound students this evening as well. Counseling services will be made available throughout the week for Upward Bound students.
Back to News and Events: http://web.roanoke.edu/x155.xml