Student Health Services
The purpose of Student Health Services is to enhance the learning and living environment by promoting health for the whole person. Our mission is to promote personal growth and academic success through information sharing and skill development that favor healthy lifestyle choices. This is accomplished by providing direct quality care to students with acute illness and minor injuries; preventative services; health education and effective crisis response.
211 High Street (next to Chalmers)
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30 pm during the Academic Year. Medical services are not provided during the summer.
Appointments are strongly encouraged to minimize waiting time however walk-ins are welcome. Please note most procedures, physicals and all M.D. visits require a scheduled appointment.
There is no charge for routine visits. In house lab testing, special exams, physicals,allergy injections and immunizations or other injections incur charges payable by cash, check, maroon money or most major credit cards.
Any full-time student is eligible for services.
Students should carry a copy of current insurance information, including prescription cards to all healthcare provider visits.
International students are required to have health insurance coverage, and will automatically be enrolled in HTHworldwide health plan. See international student insurance requirement letter for more information.
All consultations and medical records are kept completely confidential. No information will be discussed with or released to anyone without the student’s consent. Medical records and academic records are not connected in any way.
Local pharmacies are conveniently located along Main Street:
- Brooks Byrd 540-389-8111
- CVS 540-387-4567
- Walgreens 540-387-2901
- K-Mart 540-387-2797
- Wal-Mart 540375-2624
- Kroger 540-387-2481
- Men's Lacrosse2:00 PM, Sat, 03/08/14
- Women's Lacrosse2:00 PM, Sat, 03/08/14
- Women's Forum 201412:00 AM, Wed, 03/12/14 - Thu, 03/27/14
- Noche de Teatro Biling�e: A Bilingual Night of Theatre7:00 PM, Thu, 03/13/14 - Thu, 03/13/14
- Tif Robinette Performance6:00 PM, Fri, 03/14/14 - Fri, 03/14/14
- Folksingers Erin & Monica - Women's Voices in Music 8:00 PM, Fri, 03/14/14 - Fri, 03/14/14
- Oriana Singers with Virginia Glee Club6:00 PM, Fri, 03/14/14 - Fri, 03/14/14