As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Roanoke College requires each member of the first-year class to complete AlcoholEdu for College - an online, non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
To fulfill Roanoke College's requirement you must achieve the following:
- Complete the final exam with a grade of 75% or higher
- Complete Part 1 (approx. 2-3 hours) by: 8-23-13
- Complete Part 2 (approx. 15 min) by: 10-28-13
If you finish Part 1 by Monday, August 12, 2013, you will be entered in a drawing for a $100 gift certificate to the Roanoke College Bookstore! If you do not complete the course by the above deadlines, this will be noted in your student file. In the event you are later found responsible for an alcohol related infraction, this will be considered in your sanction.
EverFi Login Instructions:
1. Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
2. Enter your AlcoholEdu for College Registration Code: C233426A
If you already have an EverFi higher education account go to the above URL and click Log In. Once signed in, go to your settings to add the Registration Code.
Note: When prompted, please enter your 7-digit Student ID to ensure you receive credit for completion. You can find your student ID on your Maroon card.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings. Sections end with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students' answers.
- Should you experience technical difficulties, lick the "Help" button to access the 24/7 help center
Thank you, and enjoy the course!