As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Roanoke College requires each member of the first-year class to complete AlcoholEdu for College - an online, non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
· Part 1 of the course takes approximately 1.5-2.5 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after Survey 2 and the Exam. You must earn a grade of 75 or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is 8-22-12.
· About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is 11-1-12.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students' answers.
If you finish Part 1 by Monday, August 13, 2012, you will be entered in a prize drawing, and one lucky winner will receive a $150 gift certificate to the Roanoke College Bookstore! If you do not complete the course by the above deadlines, this will be noted in your student file. In the event you are later found responsible for an alcohol related infraction, this will be considered in your sanction.
To take AlcoholEdu, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. To begin:
- Go to: http://college.alcoholedu.com
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID:
- Click "Sign Up"
4. On the registration page, you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu account using your email address and a password of your choice.
At this time, you will also need to enter your 7-digit Student ID, which you will find on your maroon card. You can also find this number by going to the RC homepage and sign on to MyRoanoke with your username and password. Once there scroll down to WebAdvisor then click on the academic profile tab then my profile. The ID# begins with a 0 and is 7 digits. If you do not enter your official Student ID, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
5. You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
6. When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
Roanoke College Alcohol Education Team