Seriously? You can get a flu shot without a needle? Yes! FluMist is the only FDA-approved needle-free influenza vaccine made from a weakened live virus. It is given as a gentle mist-just a quick spray in each nostril. FluMist is engineered not to cause disease and replicates efficiently only in the cooler temperatures of the nasopharynx, not in the warmer temperatures of the lower respiratory tract.
FluMist is used in individuals 2-49 years of age. FluMist should not be administered to individuals with asthma, who may be pregnant, are allergic to eggs, or have weakened immune systems such as in HIV/AIDS or that occurs with cancer treatment.
- Alpha Phi Omega Information Session7:00 PM, Wed, 01/28/15 - Wed, 01/28/15
- Poster Sale10:00 AM, Wed, 01/28/15 - Wed, 01/28/15
- Men's Basketball7:00 PM, Wed, 01/28/15
- Information Session7:30 AM, Thu, 01/29/15 - Thu, 01/29/15
- Women's Basketball7:00 PM, Thu, 01/29/15
- Interview Session6:00 PM, Thu, 01/29/15 - Thu, 01/29/15
- Interview Session4:00 PM, Thu, 01/29/15 - Thu, 01/29/15