Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Welcome to the Tau Omega Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is a sisterhood of college-educated women committed to public service. Although Delta Sigma Theta is a historically black sorority, membership is open to all who are committed to the goals of the organization. Our purpose is to provide assistance and support through established programs in local communities throughout the world.
The major programs of the sorority are based upon the organization’s five point thrust:
Delta Sigma Theta is governed by the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) along with 8 other historically black fraternities and sororities. We do not follow the same rush process as sororities under the National Pan-Hellenic Council.
Delta is interested in women who are willing to be committed to a lifetime of public service to achieve the goals of the sorority. Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is truly a lifetime commitment.Please visit our Chapter Website or National website for more information.
Tau Omega Chapter History
The Tau Omega Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. was chartered on April 23, 2005 by twelve determined young women who were dedicated to the principles of the sorority. This chapter is a joint chapter comprised of women from the campuses of Roanoke College, Washington and Lee University, and Hollins University. The chartering of this chapter brought the first historically black sorority to each of the three campuses. Realizing the need for a strong foundation, the highly dedicated women of this chapter focused on internal development during the chapter’s first year in existence. Since 2005, Tau Omega Chapter members have been academically inclined and highly motivated women dedicated to serving their campus, the Southwest Virginia community and the nation at large. The chapter has been involved in a host of programs, projects, lectures, and events concerning local and national activities, issues, and concerns.
- Sherry Boswell, Roanoke College (Not pictured)
- Cynthia Cheatham, Washington and Lee University
- Mawine Diggs, Roanoke College
- Lora Greene, Roanoke College
- Kaela Harmon, Washington and Lee University (Not pictured)
- Elizabeth Johnson, Washington and Lee University (Not pictured)
- Alise Jones, Roanoke College (Not Pictured)
- Alesha Judkins, Hollins University
- Rasheeda King, Roanoke College
- Anna-Marie Koranteng, Hollins University (Not pictured)
- Jasmine Randolph, Washington and Lee University
- Denisio Truitt, Washington and Lee University (Not pictured)
"Scholarship, Service, and Sisterhood"
To contact the Tau Omega Chapter, please e-mail email@example.com.