Why should I go?
- To meet other incoming freshmen and make friends.
- To become familiar with the wealth of outdoor adventure opportunities in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas.
- To become familiar with the Outdoor Adventure program and staff.
- To have a fun wilderness experience.
Who is going to be there?
- Other freshman who have expressed interest in outdoor activities.
- Student leaders from the Outdoor Adventures Program.
- Faculty and staff Outdoor Adventures Club advisors.
I've never climbed Mt. Everest. Does that matter?
No. However, Journey is designed for students who are in good physical condition. Prior hiking or backpacking experience would be beneficial, but is not required.
Where will I stay during Journey?
You will be staying in your permanent residence hall room.
Can I arrange my residence hall room prior to regular check-in on Saturday?
No. You should only bring what you will need for the Journey program unless your parents are unable to attend regular orientation. Our schedule does not allow much time for arranging rooms; however, if you and your roommate are both Journey participants, you will be permitted to officially move into your room. If that is not the case, you will need to keep your possessions boxed, to one side of the room and wait until Saturday (official move-in day) to arrange your room after consulting your roommate.
- Baseball2:30 PM, Sun, 03/09/14
- Baseball12:00 PM, Sun, 03/09/14
- Women's Forum 201412:00 AM, Wed, 03/12/14 - Thu, 03/27/14
- Noche de Teatro Biling�e: A Bilingual Night of Theatre7:00 PM, Thu, 03/13/14 - Thu, 03/13/14
- Tif Robinette Performance6:00 PM, Fri, 03/14/14 - Fri, 03/14/14
- Folksingers Erin & Monica - Women's Voices in Music 8:00 PM, Fri, 03/14/14 - Fri, 03/14/14
- Oriana Singers with Virginia Glee Club6:00 PM, Fri, 03/14/14 - Fri, 03/14/14